Friday, July 11, 2008

Let's play catch up

I hate playing the catch up game. I have to do it all the time in my journal and apparently on our blog. I have been super busy learning how to sew lately. I have to say that I love every minute of it. (never thought those words would come out of my mouth), I actually find it relaxing and fun. i have attempted and finished 2 dresses for Elisia, an outfit for Quinn, a camo vest for Jared, and I Finally finished my Quilt This quilt i have been working on for 4 years. I have finally finished it. (pictures will come later.)

We had a great Fourth of July as a family. I took the kids to the parade and Michael met us there after work. the Kids really loved it. Elisia was thrilled that candy was being thrown at her and she could take it. Jared was a little grumpy, but what else is new. Quinn did not like the loud noises. Kind of ironic that the child that has had hearing trouble freaks out when there are loud noises. Later that evening we attended a cookout at our friends house and let all the kids run around.

The fireworks were a lot of fun as well. Elisia really loved them. She was so enthralled with them. Jared was excited at first then, he got restless. Quinn slept through the first part and was comotose for the rest of it. Of course JAred had to go to the bathroom right at the very end of the show. So he and michael missed the end.

I am finding that once you have a child that is potty trained they want to go to every public restroom. It is like he is marking his territory. JAred has also discovered urinals and that the girls potty rooms don't have them. He of course chooses to use the mens.

SO far this summer we have been hanging out around home. Michael is taking JAred camping tomorrow night...that should be an adventure.

1 comment:

m and a said...

good to hear from you again!