Thursday, March 6, 2008

My kids do love each other




There are many days that I wonder whether my kids love each other. Jared and Elisia fight (yes already) over toys. They now have their own rooms and have learned that they can tell each other to get out. Then the other day Jared grabbed Elisia by the hand and they started dancing

with each other. That moment melted my heart.

Jared Loves Quinn so much. He would do anything to help her and anything to make her happy. He even shared his favorite bunny with her one morning before church.

I had the opprotunity to go to Time Out For Women that desert books hosts. It was an amazing day. Not only did I not have my kids for a day, but I was spiritually fed. I have been having a really hard time lately. I feel like I have too much on my plate to worry about. This by far has been the hardest winter of my life. between Quinn's many doctors appt., my dad battling cancer, Michael being gone a lot, and my constant battle with being overweight. I have just had enough. I have felt very much alone in a world where i have a family that loves me and friends that care about me. This past Saturday was exactly what I needed. I had forgotten that the Lord is there for me whenever I need him. He is waiting to listen and waiting to bless me . I have been trying really hard this week to not need to have the control over everything in my life. It was nice to have these truths brought back to my attention.

4 comments:

lbp said...

Hi Annie,
You have so much on your plate! We just had a month and a half of sick and injured kids and I had a tough time dealing with it. I feel your pain. I love seeing the pictures of your kids they are adorable! Elisia looks so much like you as a kid and Jared looks a lot like your brothers. I think you look beautiful in the family picture you have on your blog.
-Des

Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gigi said...

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough spot Annie. I understand feeling out of control. It's hard, but I can assure you that it will get better. That's what I tell myself everyday, anyway.

I'm glad you were able to go to Time Out for Women. We need to buoy ourselves up whenever we can! And it's always good to remember how much the Lord loves us and is there for us.

Please let me know the next time you're in town so we can try to get together. Let me know too if there's anything I can do for you. Really!
I miss you.

Glenda said...

Mom is always a phone call away too.
Love you!