Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winter Blues

Why is it that I live in the midwest? The winter blues always hit me in January and continue through March. This year seems worse than most years have been. This artic chill can depart anytime. It makes it really hard because the kids have cabin fever, but they have colds so we really can'y go anywhere.

The monotany of life really seems to be getting to me right now. I feel like everyday is the same. I know I have the power to change that, but you can onl do so much in the cold winter with sick kids.

Jared is in Primary now and loving every minute of it. He talks about is all the time and he is finally pooping in the potty chair.....He is also learning to express his feelings. This week when he was sick he kept saying "Mommy, I am sick. I need to lay down." or "My tummy hurts" What a relief that he can tell me how he feels.

Elisia wants to potty train. We tried yesterday and she had a pretty good day. What she really wants to do is wear her dora underwear. We will see what happens. That would definatly make my life a lot easier.

Quinn finally rolled over from tummy to back. She is also learning to self soothe. What a hard thing to do. I have to let her cry and she hates it and I hate. She has started baby food and she is so much happier with a full tummy.

Who would have thought how difficult it is to not eat sugar. I intake so much more than I thought I did. It was going really well for a week and then the cold hit and when I don't leave the house that is when it seems to be the worst.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I sympathize completely. I get those winter blues too. Hey, but the day you provided out for Leo and I really helped. And then we managed to get to the temple the day after that too, which was great as well. Anyway, I would love to return the favor, especially as it helped me so much. So anyway, just name the day you want me to watch your kids!